Just recently, Amazon launched the 12th generation of the Fire 7 tablet. The 2022 version of Fire 7 comes with a lot of new features and upgrades so let’s just dive right in and see what this new tablet from Amazon brings to the table.
The popularity of tablets has been steadily increasing since the COVID-19 pandemic as people want a small compact screen that they can carry around and watch content on it. That is why we have seen a lot of brands launching tablets lately.
However, the important thing to note here is that apart from entertainment purposes, tablets have a lot of other uses as well. So let’s analyze if this new Fire 7 is worth buying or not.
Amazon Fire 7: Basic Specifications
- The new Fire 7 is an entry-level tablet from Amazon and it features a 7-inch touchscreen with a resolution of 1024×600. It has IPS technology and SD video playback.
- The weight of the tablet is around 282 grams.
- The tablet has a 2.0 GHz quad-core CPU.
- It comes with 2GB of RAM
- There are two storage options: 16GB and 32GB. For the 16GB variant, only 9.5GB of free storage will be available for the user, and for the 32GB variant, it will be 25GB.
- Users can expand the storage with a microSD card, up to 1TB.
- In terms of battery life, Amazon says that it can give up to 10 hours of battery for reading, browsing, watching videos, and listening to music.
- It will take 4 hours to fully charge the tablet and it has a USB C port for charging.
- For connectivity, the tablet has single antenna dual-band WiFi.
- There is also a 3.5mm audio jack on the tablet.
- There is a 2-megapixel camera on both the front and back of the tablet for video calls and it has 720p video recording.
- The tablet is available in three color options: Black, Denim, and Rose.
- Additionally, there is Bluetooth support and an accelerometer as well.
When you buy this tablet, you will get a Fire 7 tablet, USB-C, 5W power adapter, and Quick Start Guide in the box.
Now we know the basic specifications of the tablet and the specs clearly show that it is just an entry-level tablet with all the modern features that you would want from a modern-day tablet.
There is a quad-core CPU and when coupled with 2GB of RAM, it can handle small tasks like casual browning, watching videos, and similar tasks with ease.
The tablet has a USB-C port that can be used for charging and you can also connect it to a computer. This is obviously a good thing as you will not need an additional cable for this tablet.
Now let’s talk about the use case of this tablet. So first let’s talk about which people should not buy: if you are a power user looking for a portable device to do your daily tasks then this tablet is not for you. Even if you want to play games or do anything extensive, this tablet will most probably disappoint you as it does not have the hardware capacity to do so.
So who should buy this tablet then? Anyone who just needs a decent display that can be used for browsing, reading, and watching stuff online should definitely go for it.
In fact, this tablet is a great choice to give to your kids as they have a tendency to destroy things. This tablet is really affordable and even if your kids break it, you won’t be disappointed much.
The great thing about this tablet is that because it is an Amazon product, so you are going to get the best Alexa support built-in.
The new Amazon Fire 7 tablet is going to be available starting June 29, 2022, and the price is merely USD 74.99 for the 16GB variant and USD 94.99 for the 32GB variant. Also, this time there will be no lock screen ads. Overall, at USD 74.99 this is not a bad deal at all compared to all the other products in its price range.