Sennheiser is a well-known brand in the world of audio. In fact, it is the go-to choice of many music professionals for their audio equipment. Their microphones are some of the best microphones in the world, and many use them on a professional level.
This is mainly because Sennheiser innovates a lot in microphone technology and makes some of the best wireless mics. The brand has a separate series of Evolution Wireless Digital family of radio microphones. Just recently, they announced the expansion of this series, and now they are adding some new mics named EW-DX to the series.
The new mics are targeted at professionals who have an advanced workflow. So these mics come equipped with all the latest technologies to create a digital UHF system that professionals can use.
Get Superior Control and Advanced Features Like Active Monitoring
Since Sennheiser is launching some advanced microphones and components with the new EW-DX lineup, it would only make sense to update the companion software to support these advanced systems. So the brand did precisely that, and now there is a new version of the Sennheiser Control Cockpit software. The newest version of the software is 6.0.0, and with all the updates, it can now support EW-DX completely.
So all the users with the new EW-DX components will be able to use to software to monitor, control, and even update firmware on any EW-DX devices. Sennheiser even advises all the users who get the new EW-DX products to update their Sennheiser Control Cockpit software to the latest version to get stable firmware.
The Sennheiser Control Cockpit software is excellent if you have multiple Sennheiser devices in your network. Users can get all the status information, and it allows changing settings for one or more devices simultaneously.
Transmitters with e-Ink Displays
There are two transmitter types in the new EW-DX series: the handheld ones and the bodypack ones. These are one of the first transmitters that will come with e-ink displays.
That means when the transmitters are off, they will still display essential device data to the users. All of the transmitters will come equipped with in-device charging contacts. These transmitters have a BA 70 rechargeable battery pack(sold separately). They charge via an L 70 USB charger(sold separately). So with all of the battery packs and chargers, these transmitters can get up to 12 hours of operational time.
The Key Features
- The new version of the Sennheiser Control Cockpit (SCC) seamlessly integrates with all of the EW-DX devices. This allows for remote, network-enabled management. It also allows for smooth control and monitoring of the devices.
- The transmitters have great network-enabled charging options with CHG 70N.
- All of the EW-DX devices come with AES-256 encryption, so the content transmission is always secure.
- They are all of worldwide usage.
- The operational time of the transmitters is around 12 hours which is more than food.
- The transmitters have function buttons that allow for more on-device control options.
- One of the first transmitters to feature e-ink displays. It allows for seamless user identification.
Sennheiser has already started shipping the first batch of products in the EW-DX series. These products are mainly shipped to the United States, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions as of now but should be available worldwide.
Here are all of the components that Sennheiser is currently shipping:
- EW-DX EM 2, two-channel digital half-rack (9,5”) receiver
- EW-DX SK bodypack transmitter with a 3.5mm connector and with 3-pin connector
- EW-DX SKM handheld transmitter
- EW-DX SKM-S handheld transmitter with programmable mute switch
- EW-D power distribution cable
With all of these cool products, the EW-DX is an excellent addition to the Digital Wireless Microphone family from Sennheiser. These products are definitely going to appeal to a lot of professionals who need good wireless mics and transmitters for their workflow.