If there is one brand that truly works to bring innovations in the fitness world then that brand would be Garmin. They do not only focus on general fitness devices. Instead, they make specialized devices for every fitness enthusiast based on the type of fitness activities they do on a daily basis.
This time Garmin has announced a ground-breaking GPS bike computer for people who hit the roads, and terrains with their bikes. The new GPS bike computer is called Edge Solar and as the name suggests, this one comes with solar charging features and it also has GNSS technology.
Since this device can leverage solar charging, cyclists will be able to get more ride time with this one before they have to charge it again. To achieve solar charging, this device comes with Power Glass solar charging lens.
Other than that, it also comes with multi-band GNSS technology which is truly remarkable. The technology comes in really handy when cyclists have challenging riding environments such as deep tracks covered with trees or urban packed cities with tight streets. The technology helps to provide the most accurate GPS positioning so that cyclists don’t get lost.
The new Edge 1040 Solar comes with all the modern features that are focused on performance, safety, and easy connectivity. Garmin is also going to enhance the user experience with this as it has easy methods to get all the crucial information and also has a better ride summary on that compact but vibrant 3.5-inch touchscreen display.
Key Features of Edge 1040 Solar
Here are some of the most exciting features and highlights of the new Garmin Edge 1040 Solar GPS bike computer:
- First of all, the GPS computer has the iconic Solar charging from Garmin because of the Power Glass solar charging lens it has. Because of this, users will be able to get up to 100 hours of battery on this device when in battery saver mode. In daytime riding, that is about an extra 42 minutes for every hour of the ride.
- Then there is the multi-GNSS which helps users to get the best and most accurate GPS positioning even in the most challenging scenarios.
- The device helps users to find out about their strengths and weaknesses when they prepare for a particular riding course and then helps to improve their ride.
- The device comes with a Power guide that makes it simple for riders to delegate their efforts in a ride making the entire ride efficient.
- It comes with sensors that provide a rider with real-time data related to their exertion levels so that they can monitor them easily.
- Garmin has made it seamless to set up this GPS bike monitor. It prepopulates custom ride profiles by analyzing the existing Edge data, rides types, and sensors. Furthermore, the Garmin Connect app also helps you to see and manage these riding profiles using your smartphone.
- As mentioned earlier, Garmin curates to everyone’s needs. For cyclists, they have partnered with Firstbeat to prove you Firstbeat Analytics. The analytics will give you data like VO2 max, recovery time, training load, etc. Then there is ClimbPro which helps users to ride through altitudes.
- For the safety of the riders, this device comes with indecent detection, assistance, and LiveTrack features.
- Then the device also offers a wide range of connectivity options with other devices like the new Varia RCT715 rearview radar with camera, inReach devices, and Tacx indoor trainer. Overall, it is a great device for cyclists who go on challenging rides every day.
Pricing and Availability
Those who want to get the new Edge 1040 Solar can now hit the Garmin online store to get one at the price of USD 749.99. Then there is also a non-solar variant available at USD 599.99. If you are a high-level cyclist, would be interested in this product? Do let us know your thoughts!